Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Today's Design Tip

Happy Friday everyone!  For those of you that know me and have been to my house you know that my #1 design staple has always been coziness.  Most importantly the living room, which is where we spend the majority of our time but second most important is the bedrooms. 

A bedroom, whether it's the master or a spare should always be a relaxing sanctuary.  A welcoming retreat that comforts you at the end of every day.  Tons of pillows and blankets are always a must, but have you ever thought about where you place your bed?

I practiced feng shui a lot in my twenties and still utilize many of the philosophies that I learned and felt helped the feel and flow of our home a lot.  My most favorite (that I absolutely swear by it) is the placement of your bed. 

The foot of your bed should never be directly facing your doorway so that you see the door while you're lying down.  Always try to place it on a wall away from the doorway so that it's on either side of you.  If at all possible, place it on a wall that doesn't allow you to see the door at all.  This is the direction that helps me get the most restful night's sleep.  If your bed ends up being a little close to the door (which ours is now and was in our last home) it does go against the rule of having something blocking the flow of good chi when you enter the room, however I think it's okay in this situation.  As long as you have a good clear path into the room that's clutter free it's still okay.

So if you find that you have trouble sleeping try moving your bed to a different wall and see if it helps!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment